Yokohama F Marinos vs Urawa Red Diamonds 29/10/2022

 





Source Article: https://www.nikkansports.com/soccer/news/202210290000899.html

Yokohama - 4 goals in the final home game, but the league still not over. 2 points difference, but 11 points ahead on goal difference

Meiji Yasuda J1 League: Yokohama F Marinos 4-1 Urawa Reds. 29th. Round 33. Nissan Stadium.

Current top of the league Yokohama F Marinos won 4-1 against Urawa Reds in their final home game of this season. 

Due to second place Kawasaki's win, the battle for league victory will be extended to the final game of the season, against Vissel Kobe on November 5th. 

Yokohama and Kawasaki hold a point difference of two points, but Yokohama has an 11 goal difference advantage, so they head into the final round in a favourable condition.

In the first half, Yokohama score two goals. At the 17th minute, forward Elber scored the first goal. Reacting quickly to a shot from midfielder Mizunuma's shot from the right side near the penalty area that rebounded off a defender, he thrust the ball into the net with his right foot. 

At the 37th minute, Elber received a pass from forward Anderson Lopez from the right side, took a shot, which was saved by the goalkeeper, but the rebound ball was kicked into the goal. 

At the 12th minute of the second half, Elber scored his second goal of the day. The ball was dribbled from the centre, slipped past the defense and shot by his right leg into the left corner of the goal. At the 20th minute, Anderson Lopez got his second goal - a header from a right corner kick. 

They conceded one goal to Urawa at the 22nd minute, but then ended the game on a strong note. 


Player Comments

Yokohama F Marinos
Source website: https://www.f-marinos.com/matches/20221029/report

Elber: There's been a period recently where we've not been able to win as well, so I'm happy I was able to play well in an amazing atmosphere created by our fans and supporters, where we really wanted to win, and over anything else I happy we were able to win. We are an attacking-based team, but I had been a little worried because I hadn't been able to score for two matches. I was able to breathe a sigh of relief just from scoring the first goal today, and above all else I'm super glad we managed to win. 
I'm getting ready for the final match, and I do think we deserve the title based on what we've done so far, so I think everyone will unite as one in our final away game against Kobe and take the title! 


Urawa Red Diamonds
Source Article: https://www.jleague.jp/match/j1/2022/102902/player/#player

Ohata Ayumu: 
Interviewer: There was a big goal difference in the results, but can we say that the first 15 minutes wasn't too bad? 

O: At the start we talked about bringing some momentum into the game, so in that respect I think we left some things up to chance. However, there was a good feeling, and I think we , as a whole team, were drawing on an attack which was making the most of our forward players' strengths. 

I: The defence looked like a five-person effort, but there were times where Ohata went as far as the opponents side back. The defense must have been strong! 

O: We were trying to press from the front, so yeah, it sort of ended up like that. With the flow of the game, sometimes I would see Mizunuma, and sometimes I would be where the side backs play. 

I: After the first goal was scored, you seemed to lose coherence a bit.

O: Yeah. As it was a fierce battle from the start, I'm a bit disappointed we conceded so early. It's not that I've lost confidence, but I don't think it went well. 

I: You weren't completely outplayed in all aspects of the game, but there were some wasteful moments like missed passes. 

O: Well... for a top J1 club like that, I think we absolutely have to be able to snatch the ball and keep it under our possession, but I don't think we're doing enough yet. 

I: This loss must be a shock, but did you gain anything from it?

O: Thinking about this game, we thought of it not as a league game but just as an individual match. But since we have our next game, there's things we didn't do so well at today that we want to do better with next time. 








Comments

Popular Posts