Kawasaki Frontale vs Vissel Kobe, 2022/10/29

 




Yahoo News Report 

Source Website: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/d2a0e7248be344ba483a8ec6cb6daea73240d598

Kawasaki Frontale get a fierce battle under control, and are still standing in the fight for victory! Ienaga's penalty takes down Kobe for final home ground victory of the season! (Meiji Yasuda J1 Round 33)

The Meiji Yasuda J League round 33 match between Kawasaki Frontale and Vissel Kobe on the 29th held at Todoroki Athletics Ground saw a 2-1 victory for Kawasaki. 

In the previous round, Kawasaki managed to reduce the point difference between them and the current top Yokohama F Marinos to 2, with Tanno, Yamamura and Chanathip replacing Jung Sonryeong, Kurumaya, Damian and Schmidt. The formation was set to the formidable 4-3-3, with Kobayashi in the role of centre forward. 

On the other side, Vissel Kobe who beat Shonan Bellmare in the previous round, and have had secured a place in J1 next season with their 5 consequetive league wins. In place of Maekawa, Tsoboi played the role of goalkeeper in what was his pro debut, and Iniesta, recently withdrawn due to injuries, was back on the bench. Using the 4-4-2 system again, Osako and Kobayashi Yuuki took on the match as the two centre forwards.

Aiming for a turnaround league victory, Kawasaki who were in no position to lose, commenced attacking centred around Marcinho, but as Kobe, who were free from the pressure to remain in J1, responded calmly, and Kawasaki was unable to make anything of its many chances. In the 12th minute, Ienaga sent out a dangerous aerial cross, but goalkeeper Tsuboi caught the ball with ease. 

However, still continuing to attack, at the 20th minute, Kawasaki's Ienaga picked up the ball after Yuruki failed to make a clearance and sent out a cross, and Kikuchi lost the ball in a miscalculation, Marcinho responded by dodging past a fallen Tsuboi and sending the ball into the net, providing the long-awaited first goal. 

After letting in that first goal, Kobe's Yamaguchi received a through pass from Osako, ran into the box and took a shot, but it went over the bar. Kobe wanted to boost their counterattack, but Kawasaki's focused defense line sent the ball forward without letting their guard down. 

At the 36th minute, Kobayashi Yu snatched the ball from Kobe's Kikuchi in his attempt to move the ball up. Bringing the ball forward, Kobayashi attempted to get past Tsuboi and shoot, but was unable to score due to a last-minute clearance from Kikuchi. At the 41st minute, Schmidt threatened with an intense centre shot, and a good flow maintaining Kawasaki entered the half time break. 

Although unable to make many chances in the first half, Kobe equalized at the 50th minute from a set play kick. Although the free kick was from a considerably far position between the penalty box and midway line, Kobayashi Yuuki shot magnificently and the teams drew level. 

In response to a strengthened Kobe, the game developed with Kawasaki also aiming for a goal. At the 62nd minute, Oshima who had recently recovered from injury was brought on, and displayed an attitude of score, no matter what. 

At the 68th minute, Marcinho broke through a number of players and aimed for a goal, but was saved by Tsuboi. 1 minute after, Ienaga sent out a shot from within the box, but Tsuboi again blocked the way. 

At the 70th moment, with Kobe fighting through a tough spot, it looked like Kikuchi had scored from a free kick, but the goal was disallowed due to being offside. As the remaining match time was running out, Kawasaki also had an air of haste, and Kobayashi Yu was brought to the ground in a foul by Kobayashi Yuuki. It was initially decided to be a free kick, but VAR saw that the foul was inside the box and the judgement switched to a penalty kick. Ieneaga scored, and thus Kawasaki managed to overtake. 

Wanting to show their determination, Kobe's Iniesta who was brought on as a substitute, sent a sharp shot from a loose ball, but was blocked by the immovable Kawasaki. In the final moments, after knocking away Kobe's corner kick, Kawasaki grasped victory. 

Kawasaki, with three consequetive league wins under their belts, maintained its 2 point difference with current table leaders Yokohama FM. Aiming for a turnaround league victory,  Kawasaki plays FC Tokyo in the final round. 


Player Comments before the match 

Kawasaki Frontale

Kurumaya Shintaro: We had some time before this match so I was able to train thoroughly. I wanted to once again raise our quality as a team, so we were working hard on new things. In our break, there was the cup final, and once again I felt how important it was to simply never give up before the very end. We're also in that position, so I wanted to do our best in these reamining two matches until the very end. The last time we played Kobe, we won but it was very close. They've had five consequetive wins so they're playing really well. 

Kobayashi Yu: Another tense game. Nothing changes in particular, I just prepare for every game with a calm mind and show what I'm made of. I'm not particularly nervous. Our injured players have come back, and there's an energy about the team. We've been able to practice well at a good level. Kobe is a team made up of powerful players. I felt that as they were able get the gears turning and become a much stronger team, despite being in a fight to remain in J1, they were able to do so. I think they're a strong team in good form. But we are also a strong team. In all areas. 


Image Credits: Soccer King JP. 金田慎平. 


Player Comments after the match

Kawasaki

Oshima Ryota: It was a tense match. Our opponents had players who've represented Japan at national level, and the usual air of not being able to let your guard down floated around the pitch. Because of that, it was tiring, but I like this kind of atmosphere. Because I came into the game halfway through, I can't say very much, I was preparing by envisioning what sort of football I can play. There's only one more game left but I want to get ready for it properly. It's all about the game, but I think up until then, you can see achievements throughout the week. I want to train and prepare relentlessly for the next game. 

Ienaga Akihiro: I ideally wanted to score another goal while it was still the first half, there was also a feeling that it wouldn't be crazy if we conceded another goal as they caught up with us in the second half. So I talked to everyone, and we calmed down at once and tried to keep going for 80 minutes. I thought the final 10 minutes was an all out frenzy, and I think we had many chances. When they equalized, I told Shogo and Miki not to give up. When I took the penalty, I have a lot of respect for Yu, and I thought that there wouldn't be anyone else who wanted to take it except me or Yu, so I asked him if I could. I knew it was very tense, so before I took the penalty I was getting ready for not just success but also failure. I didn't feel anything other than that. And I'm glad I scored it. I don't know what will happen at the end, anything could happen before the final round. There's no prize for being persistent, but if I must say it, the fact that we're only getting these points is a bad thing about this year. I think there's two sides. I dont have any special feelings about the last round, I just want to finish with a win. If we can claim victory from that, it'll be luck. 

Source: https://www.frontale.co.jp/goto_game/2022/j_league1/33.html





Vissel Kobe 

Kobayashi Yuuki: 

Interviewer: Was the free kick just as you'd aimed for?

KY: I've had about 4 opportunities to take a direct free kick since I started playing and I thought it would be embarrassing if I couldn't score, so I'm glad I did.

I: Halfway through I thought the flow of the game got better, but how did you feel?

KY: It got better because we switched up how we were defending. From about halfway through the first half, I felt there were a lot of players who had a lot of tactical insight, so I wanted to change our defense tactics and start attacking better, from the back and the front. I'd been saying this from the start, but it wasn't going well, so I got Osako to follow the two centrebacks, and I concentrated on one of the defensive midfielders, so I think our attack started feeling better. 

I: I feel that you're searching for a connection with Osako

KY: I'm not searching at all. I know Osako well, I can rely on him that if I make a run I'll get the ball, and if I send a fast pass, he'll catch it. I have a lot of respect for him, and I can learn a lot from him while I play. I feel that I've grown, and I imitate movements such as crossing by Osako and Yocchi (Muto Yoshinori), so I'm very grateful I have teamates I can learn from like this. 

Source: https://www.vissel-kobe.co.jp/match/game/?gid=20220100010120221029&type=comment






Comments